2.6.10

there's a first for everything

For the first time in my life I tried a "Creme Brulee" at "Freestyle Tout" in West End. For those of you who have never heard of Freestyle Tout, it is a delightful restaurant that serves mainly desserts. Roy took me there for a surprise Birthday dinner. I felt naughty having dessert for dinner but suitably satisfied at the same time. In my haste to eat the tasty pud, I neglected to get a photo of this delight so you will just have to imagine what it looked like. It came served on a long plate with three beautiful elements to it. There was a tangy berry sorbet topped with sweet, white fairy floss. In the middle of the plate was the star.. a bowl of beautifully browned creme brulee and then there was a berry coulis topped with vanilla ice-cream and a macadamia biscotti. The satisfaction of the dessert was the crack that the top of the brulee made when I tapped into it with my spoon. mmmm... I think I will chase up with delight in Paris when we stop through there on our way to Switzerland.

Another French beauty I tried for the first time is a "Macaron". I sampled these tasty babies whilst walking through the streets of Melbourne and happened upon the Lindt Cafe in Collin Street. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy a box of them to take home for Roy to sample. I think I am going to take up LOTS of physical activity in Europe to scare off those calories from all the tasty food I'll be trying.

No comments: